Sales & Reservations Agent (Part Time) Work From Home For Students
Sales & Reservations Agent (Part Time)
Sales & Reservations Agent:
If you are self-motivated and enjoy a fast-paced environment where you have the opportunity to learn and grow, then a job as a U-Haul contact center agent might be for you. Start helping customers as soon as the first week after self-paced and instructor-led education and participate in professional development with weekly coaching and ongoing education. This is a part-time position and is 100% work from home – perfect for students and teachers, or someone looking for a second job!
Contact Center agents take back-to-back, incoming calls from customers who need help with U-Haul products and services. Primary duties include:
- Assisting customers with quoting rental rates, sales and earning new business.
- Providing customer service to existing business, such as making changes to reservations, answering questions, helping with customer concerns, and taking storage payments.
Contact Center Team members …
- Follow specific methods and procedures while assisting the customer.
- Master required scripts and customer advisements.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Use good time management practices.
- Work well with others and are a team player.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people and problem-solving.
- You like a fast pace starting day one and staying busy every day.
- You enjoy working closely with your manager and receiving daily feedback.
- You are comfortable learning and using multiple computer programs.
U-Haul offers its Contact Center Agents:
- Hourly base pay $13.00 per hour plus discretionary sales bonus.
- Work from home Contact Center career path available
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance
- Part-time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
- Proficient keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Ability to meet all technical requirements
Training and Education Explained:
- Fast-paced, hands-on education working with your manager from day one.
- Self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
- Learn and begin performing some of your job duties with customers the first week.
- Build on your skill-set through on-the-job, continued education.
- Begin performing additional job duties with the customer as you learn them.
- Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.
- Be available to work between 4am – 5pm (all in Arizona time).
- We need you to work at least one weekend day. If you want to work both that’s great!
- 6 hours required on the weekends.
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
A note about how we schedule: Availability to work that aligns with the business need may increase the opportunity to be scheduled more hours. We pride ourselves on being flexible with schedules, especially for students and teachers. However, if availability to work does not align with the needs of the business the result may be less hours scheduled.
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, manager approval is required in advance.
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
*Computer requirements and internet speed will be verified as part of the interview process.
- Have a non-wireless USB headset with a microphone.
- Have a web cam for use interacting with your manager. Not for use with customers.
- Have minimum Internet speed requirements: 10MB down / 5MB up.
- Check your Internet speed at http://uhaul.speedtestcustom.com/ .
- Be sure to click the dropdown menu below the GO button and choose any server in Phoenix, AZ.
- Windows 10 is required.
- Minimum RAM requirements: 8GB of RAM or greater.
- Minimum processor requirement for Windows OS: CPU score of 2000 or greater.
- To find processor name – right click on Windows logo (lower left corner home screen) and select ‘System’.
- Go to this website. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
- Type name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
- The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU or processor score).
- Windows OS Users should have the following installed:
- Adobe Reader (set to default PDF viewer). Important: If new install uncheck the option to install McAfee anti-virus.
- Web browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer is preferred).
- Once hired install and use the required Company software including a Company provided anti-virus software.
- Use of a Wi-Fi is permitted if it meets all security-related criteria. If security requirements are not met and/or Wi-Fi is determined to cause tech difficulty a hard-wired connection will be required.
The following are not permitted when working from home due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- A wireless or non-USB headset.
- A PC/laptop or Internet that does not meet requirements.
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet or similar.
- Using a Proxy server or third-party network.
- Compute stick or similar device.
- Windows: XP, 7 or 8, and Vista operating systems.
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop.
- Working in a public place or using public Internet.
- Unsecure Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi not managed by the team member.
- Running non-work-related programs while working.
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided antivirus
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail. Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate room type. Verify availability of room type and rate. Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers. Accommodate and document special requests. Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations. Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue. Input and access data in reservation system. Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system. Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns.
Reservations Sales Agent – Remote
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
The hourly rate for this position is $20 per hour and offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, earned paid time off and/or sick leave, life insurance, disability coverage, and other life and work wellness benefits. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Reservations Sales Agent
Pleasant Holidays, one of the largest travel wholesalers in the United States specializing in vacation travel to the Hawaiian Islands, Caribbean, Central & South America, Europe, Mexico, Middle East, South Pacific (Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand & Tahiti), Japan & Asia, the United States & Canada, and cruise vacations worldwide , is seeking Reservation Sales Agents to start our August 8, 2022 training class . This is an in-bound call center with no cold calling or telemarketing.
Would you enjoy working with customers to help them create vacations of a lifetime? If so, this is what we are looking for: Your passion to help our customers and travel agents build dream vacations by offering our destinations and services Your drive to “make the sale” Your expertise in our product and policies Your excellent customer service skills
Do you have what it takes? Here are the qualifications needed:
A minimum of 6 months in customer service or sales Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, to interact with customers, employees and management Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task Ability to retain and organize large amounts of information Computer proficiency and knowledge of business applications
Commission eligible (after the training class) with unlimited earning potential; most earn between $45,000 – $75,000 annually
Benefits to working at Pleasant Holidays:
- Medical (with prescription)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off for Holidays, Vacation, and Illness
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- AFLAC Plans
- Travel Discounts on all Pleasant Holidays packages, Hotel Rooms, Car Rentals, Tours & Activities. Discounts apply to family members and friends too!
Pleasant Holidays is one of the largest travel wholesalers in the United States, specializing in vacation travel to the Hawaiian Islands, Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Mexico, Middle East, South Pacific (Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand & Tahiti), Japan, the United States & Canada, and cruise vacations worldwide. Pleasant Holidays is a subsidiary of the Automobile Club of Southern California, a diversified insurance, roadside assistance, financial services and travel organization serving 17 million AAA Members across 21 states.
Pleasant Holidays is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pleasant Holidays will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws
Xanterra Travel Collection (Xanterra) owns a growing group of hospitality, travel and leisure businesses operating in more than 30 countries. As the nation’s largest National Park Concessioner (our original core business), environmental stewardship, compliance and sustainability are fundamental to everything we do. In the last decade, Xanterra has established itself as the industry leader in protecting and preserving the environment in national parks, private resorts and adventure travel. The company’s 6500 (peak season) employees provide superior guest service to visitors from around the world who visit the company’s 20+ hotels and lodges with more than 4,000 guest rooms, 45 retail stores, 55 restaurants, 1,500 campsites, a tourist train, and six cruise ships. Please see xanterra.com for more information on the company and its environmental initiatives, shops and guest activities in national parks such as Grand Canyon, Glacier and Yellowstone.
Seasonal Reservations Sales Agent
This is a sales environment with no cap on incentive payout that are made monthly! Low stress, intensive training and flexible scheduling! Full and part-time positions available to work remotely as long as you live in one of these states:
“ Xanterra Travel Collection is a great place to work. I have held a couple different roles in the almost 3 years I have worked for Xanterra. The company encourages personal and professional growth. In Central Reservations, Xanterra has an open door policy. The department encourages participation in different activities throughout the year. I have never worked for a company that cares as much as those at Xanterra Travel Collection.”
“It is rewarding being a part of the National Parks experience and helping our guests attain their dreams!”
- Handle incoming telephone calls for lodging and activity reservations, entering new reservations, changes and cancellations into the computer within our Call Center.
- Promote a positive guest experience by helping with guest itineraries, making suggestions for lodging and activities, and offering other guest experience opportunities.
- File guest correspondence or other reservation documentation as needed.
- Follow all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Ability to converse coherently in English.
- Ability to deal with callers tactfully.
- Ability to use basic computer applications.
- Home internet access or ability to obtain access by start date.
- Basic keyboarding proficiency.
- Ability to retain information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communications skills.
PAY RATE: Total Compensation potential of $16.50+ per hour including $15.00 base and monthly incentives.
“Remote potential not available in all states and candidates must provide own high-speed internet. Advertised payrate applies to the Denver metro area and is subject to change based upon actually work location.”
1 thought on “Sales & Reservations Agent (Part Time) Work From Home For Students”