OFFICE ASSISTANT JOBS (DATA ENTRY) (Work at Home) $16 an hour
OFFICE ASSISTANT JOBS
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come for the job, stay for the career. We are Canteen.
Summary: Provides advanced clerical, customer service and administrative support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs account maintenance duties; prepares and receives vouchers and requisitions as directed.
- Posts transactions into a company’s system, e.g., returns, inventory adjustments, etc.
- Reconciles records, investigates transaction errors and resolves problems.
- Files business documents and responds to vendor/customer inquiries.
- Monitors and orders office supplies and other small purchases.
- Arranges meetings; takes meeting minutes.
- Fills in for other Data Entry Clerks as needed and works cooperatively with others.
- Provides assistance with various administrative tasks, e.g., annual inventory counts, preparation of material requests for approval, receiving/logging materials for delivery, sizes/orders uniforms for personnel, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience in general office, bookkeeping or personnel operations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, e.g., Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
The Worldwide Consumer organization is looking for an Executive Assistant who wants to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and growing organization. We are looking for someone to support two Directors on our North American Fulfillment Center Team. This Executive Assistant will be responsible for handling confidential information and maintaining professionalism in dealing with senior executives. Role responsibilities include managing multiple complex calendars, planning and organizing events of all sizes, and coordinating domestic and international travel. This candidate will help build a positive team environment and establish working relationships inside and outside of the group.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to design and improve processes
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $55,600 – 97,400 year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Office Assistant 3
Here at the Department of Retirement Systems (DRS), we are responsible for providing information, tools, expertise, and services that ensure our members receive the retirement benefits they earn while in public service. We administer eight public retirement systems, 15 retirement plans, and the Deferred Compensation Program, and serve over 848,000 current and retired public employees in Washington.
Our customers include fire fighters, teachers and school employees, state and local government employees, and public safety and law enforcement officers. Our customers expect to be treated respectfully, to receive responsive service, and for the information they receive to be right. We are dedicated to our customers and to meeting and exceeding these expectations.
Our office is located in Tumwater, part of the Olympia/Tumwater/Lacey tri-city area on the southernmost tip of Puget Sound. We are part of a community rich in history, culture, and natural beauty.
Why Work for DRS?
At DRS, we are one team. Regardless of what our specific duties may be, we are all dedicated to serving our customers. We foster a diverse and inclusive environment where team members are fully engaged and supported in meeting (and exceeding) expectations. All DRS leaders are focused on providing the coaching, mentoring, resources and support that team members need to be successful.
At DRS, team members enjoy:
- A modern work environment
- Flexible and compressed work schedules
- Free parking
- Participation in Commute Trip Reduction
- Infants at Work Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Commitment to team member safety and wellness
- Community involvement/charitable giving
Come join our team!
This recruitment is open until filled. Applications received for this job opportunity will be reviewed immediately. Your prompt response is encouraged. The hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time during the recruitment process.
We are looking for a dependable, skilled Office Assistant to provide clerical support for a team of Retirement Specialists, who are the primary customer satisfaction link for the members, retirees, and participants of the retirement systems and plans administered by DRS.
Working in a professional office environment, you will independently review documents and forms submitted by our members for completeness and compliance with Washington State rules. You will determine and explain actions necessary to achieve compliance and accurately process submitted information.
You will also provide imaging services for DRS by prepping, scanning, indexing, and performing quality assurance of all incoming mail and internally created paperwork. You will visually identify and compare documents to a pre-authorized list of agency forms to determine type, then index them based on your independent determination. You will research DRS member information to resolve internal customer issues or to find missing or archived folders.
Additionally, you will maintain the inventory of forms/publications and submit orders when the inventory is low. You will compile forms, create labels, and make retirement packets to be mailed to members. You will also monitor the Office Support and Print Request inboxes on a daily basis.
NOTE: After successful completion of the review period and effectively demonstrating the ability to perform work independently, you may be eligible to telework up to one day per week, at the discretion of the Appointing Authority and with a telework agreement in place.
The ability to work remotely is dependent on the nature of the tasks performed and the presence of a remote work environment that is safe and has an appropriate level of reliable connectivity. You must live within a reasonable commuting distance (less than 50 straight-line miles) to the DRS building in Tumwater, WA, and must be willing and able to adjust your telework schedule at any time to attend mandatory meetings, trainings, etc., at the DRS building.
The qualifications for this position include:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel (version 2013 or newer);
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and follow written policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups, both inside and outside the organization;
- Demonstrated ability to utilize multiple computer applications simultaneously; and
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following competency areas:
Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers. Delivers high quality services and products. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Committed to continuous improvement and always acts with the customer in mind.
Shows commitment, dedication and accountability in work. Works effectively and fulfills commitments made to customers, peers and team members. Is reliable in punctuality and attendance; can be counted on to get things done.
Understands the link between job responsibilities and organizational goals. Manages their own performance to meet required expectations and achieve results. Holds self accountable for decisions, actions, and behaviors.
Attention to Detail
Plans and organizes time and resources efficiently. Follows processes and procedures in the completion of work. Carefully monitors the details and quality of work and double-checks work products to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment. Adapts easily to changing business needs, adjusting effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements, or cultures to achieve successful solutions. Demonstrates openness to new and different ways of doing things.
Commitment to Diversity
Recognizes the value of diversity. Helps create an environment that embraces and supports diversity, equity and inclusion.
DRS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability.
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications and competencies in this announcement are encouraged to apply for this opportunity. Be sure to complete all sections of the electronic application and answer all supplemental questions.
Please attach the following to your online application:
- A letter of interest clearly describing how your knowledge, skills and abilities align with the job duties and qualifications of this position.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desirable qualification.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate “how”.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency.
- The quality and completeness of the application, along with the ability to follow stated application instructions, will be considered in determining whether applicants will move to the next phase of the screening process. Applications with comments such as “see resume/attachments” or “N/A” in the work history and/or supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
As part of our hiring process, we require an employment reference for the preferred candidate from their current or most recent supervisor. If the preferred candidate is a current or recent state employee, we will also review the personnel file as part of our process.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) , state employees, as a condition of employment, must be fully vaccinated with one of the authorized COVID-19 vaccines. Vaccination status will be verified only after an offer of employment has been made to the preferred candidate. Failure to meet this condition of employment will result in revocation of the job offer absent a medical or religious accommodation.
1 thought on “OFFICE ASSISTANT JOBS (DATA ENTRY) (Work at Home) $16 an hour”