Top 4 Amazon Jobs Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate $15 an hour
Top 4 Amazon Jobs Amazon
- Receive and sort inventory
- Get customer orders ready for delivery
- Use technology like scanners, computers, and handheld printers
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You’ll be working around moving machines – order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60°F and 90°F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required. Depending on the role or location, Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
- Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks, three-day weekends – and with Anytime Shifts, you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about Anytime Pay..
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you’ll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology – including handheld devices and robotics.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment that’s been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirement and safety guidelines
You can begin by applying above. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/ or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Technical Japanese Customer Service Associate – Virtual
- Candidates must be fluent in Japanese and English
- You mustlive in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. Any applicants with home addresses outside of hiring states will not be considered.
- This position requires a part-time schedule that will have varying schedules. This includes a required average of 20-29 hours per week (Sunday – Saturday), up to 60 hours per week pending on business needs.
- Ability to sit or stand at your desk for up to hours at a time
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Agree to Amazon’s Work from Home Agreement. Please watch our Work from Home Agreement (https://youtu.be/yxrpb9pKHls) video for more information.
- You must provide a home work area that is free of any and all distractions. You must be able to devote your full undivided attention to the Amazon customer.
- You agree that you will not provide child or adult care during hours of scheduled work.
- Capability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork.
- Strong typing, phone, and computer navigation skills.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring).
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous call center experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in prioritizing tasks and time to ensure efficiency.
- A minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only).
- Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable. Cannot use a wireless connection.
- You will be shipped an Amazon owned laptop, headset, and Ethernet adaptor, and two security tokens to the address provided in your application.
- When applying, please be sure to verify that your mailing address in our system is an address where you can receive equipment to ensure that there are not delays in receiving your equipment. Make sure you add the apartment number (if any). PO Boxes are not supported and we must have a physical address for you to receive your equipment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
This position requires a part time schedule that will have varying hours. An average of 20-29 hours will be required weekly. During peak periods or high volume, this may increase to up to 60 hours per week for short periods. The schedule could fall any day of the week across morning, afternoon, evenings and weekends.
What is Amazon Customer Service All About?
Earth’s most customer-centric company is seeking bright, articulate, detailed applicants with a passion to help our customers and make them smile. An Amazon Customer Service Associate (CSA) is a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. We are seeking candidates who enjoy problem solving, supporting customers with issues like: late packages, damaged items, promotions, returns/refunds, and much more! The majority of time spent with customers will be via phone, but you may also be required to support email and chat. Associates use a variety of tools to navigate, research, review solutions, and communicate them effectively to a variety of customers in a fun and fast-paced company.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Check out our Leadership Principle’s here: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/working/working-amazon Thank you for your interest in joining our teams!
What Does Amazon Need From Me?
- This *part-time position is 20-29 hours per week, with additional hours up to 60 hours per week if there’s a business need.
- Our virtual customer service site is open from 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM PST. Your work schedule could potentially fall anywhere in between these hours and may require one or both weekend days.
- Shifts are subject to change. Amazon will provide a minimum of two weeks’ notice prior to a shift change.
- You must have an internet connection with a minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only). Satellite internet providers cannot be used.
Associates utilize Amazon-provided desktops and headsets to manage their work, including scheduling shifts and taking customer contacts. Associates are measured on schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance. Associates are required to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, as daily work is managed via phone, email, and/or chat.
Your first 6 weeks will be a set training schedule.
The entire 6 weeks of your training is mandatory. No time can be missed or taken off during this period. Please reschedule any prior-commitments to be outside of training hours.
Working hours for all associates increase substantially during our Peak season(s) and can increase during other times of the year due to business needs. In order to support our customers, vacation requests are not granted during our Peak season(s) and identified block-out periods unless otherwise required by law. You may also be required to work on any/all major holidays.
Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $15.00 + $1.50 language premium per hour.
- Overtime pay at 1.5x base rate
- Employee Discount
- Resources for Living Program
- A supportive team of leaders and peers
- Gain customer service experience and build your resume
- Time Off Options
You must NOT be a current Amazon employee. If you are an internal applicant, please reach out to your local HR representative to discuss transfer eligibility.
- Help a variety of Amazon customers by phone, e-mail and/or chat.
- Use tools and programs to navigate the website, research accounts, review options and solutions for customers, and communicate them effectively.
- Support customers through typing, phone, and computer skills by navigating the internet and website, multiple browsers, e-mail, social media, and instant messenger, or chat tools.
- Complete mandatory training (this schedule will be different from your work schedule upon hiring).
- Actively problem solve and innovate on behalf of customers with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome.
- Follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs.
- Opportunity to learn other areas of the business and support specialty departments as needed.
- Ability to translate technical information/instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless trouble shooting
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge to new situations
- Be able to use judgement and common sense to answer customer questions
- Demonstrate willingness to share knowledge with team members and customers
- Consistently curious about technology
The minimum requirements of this role include: A basic understanding of Device Platforms (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Gaming consoles, Streaming devices) and Digital Services (Videos, Music, Apps, Video Games, streaming content, Cloud Storage) and associated technical terminologies; an ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions; an ability to empathize with customers and prioritize their needs; and logical problem solving skills.
Peak season includes, mid-summer and November through January. May also include Peak Times such as Prime Day, Black Friday, holidays, etc.
1 thought on “Top 4 Amazon Jobs Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate $15 an hour”